Hybrid Bay Device Platform Kits
Device platforms are used to typically mount larger electronic devices (RRC3 sized) in SMT Designs hybrid bays. Of note, they can also be used as device mounts for a more traditional bay designs.
Shipping date: 5 - 40 days depending on order size
Device platforms are used to typically mount larger electronic devices (RRC3 sized) in SMT Designs hybrid bays or bay adapters. Of note, they can also be used as device mounts for traditional bay designs as-is or with a bay adapter to increase modularity.
A device platform mounts on the top or bottom side of the tray and spans two tray slots on that side. They can also be used ith the dual and quad bay adapters.
An optional bay adapter can be ordered along with any platform for use in a traditional electronics bay to increase the modularity of custom designs.
All platforms are designed with thermal inserts for device mounting and tie wrap points if needed.
If you do not find your device or you have any questions, please contact SMT Designs.
Specific Device Notes
- the BigRedBee Beacon includes battery holder
- there are two versions of the AltusMetrum Telemetrum platform. One has just the mounts for the device and the other adds a battery holder and GPS support bracket.
- Selected Device Platform
- 4-40 hardware to mount the platform to a tray
- 4-40 or 2-56 hardware to mount the device to the platform (size is dependent on device)
- tie wraps for securing wiring
- optional bay adapter
- Length 141mm
- Depth 28.5mm to 34mm
- Height 6mm to 12.5mm
- Weight 8g to 12g