Hybrid Bay Device Carrier Kits
The Hybrid Bay Device carriers are used to mount smaller electronic devices (RRC2+ sized) in SMT Designs hybrid bays and bay adapters. Of note, the device carriers can be used as small footprint device mounts for more traditional bay designs or coupled with SMT Designs' bay adapters for even more versatility.
Shipping date: 5 - 40 days depending on order size
The Hybrid Bay Device carriers are used to mount smaller electronic devices (RRC2+ sized) in SMT Designs hybrid bays and bay adapters. Of note, the device carriers can be used as small footprint device mounts for traditional bay designs or coupled with SMT Designs' bay adapters for even more versatility.
A device carrier typically mounts on the top or bottom side of the hybrid tray or on the top side of the bay adapters. The only exception to this is the BT60 device carriers which mount on the tray bottom and the device is secured to long standoffs that come up through the tray (the BT60 does this due to size limitations with the bay tubing).
All carriers are designed with thermal inserts for device mounting and do not require space underneath the carrier itself.
There are two different versions available. The older SMT Designs carriers have a middle tab on one end and an offset tab on the other - this is the "original version". A new footprint was introduced in December 2019 where the tabs are offset on both ends - this is the production version being shipped. If you do not find your device or you have any questions, please contact SMT Designs.
Specific Device Notes
- the EggTimer Quark B2 version can be assembled normally or turned upside down to have a terminal block installed. The Quark is available "Reversed" for this assembly version.
- Trackers that have small duck antennas will require clearance next to the carrier. SMT Designs has tray extensions that can be used for "open" space.
- the Marsa Systems Mrf carrier is 34mm wide instead of the standard 28.5mm. The only restriction due to the width is carrier placement on the 98mm hybrid bay that can not have two of them side by side,
- Selected Device Carrier
- 4-40 hardware to mount the carrier to a tray
- 4-40 or 2-56 hardware to mount the device to the carrier (size is dependent on device)
- tie wraps for securing wiring
- optional bay adapter
- Length 73mm
- Depth 28.5mm to 34mm
- Height 6mm to 12.5mm
- Weight 5.4g to 8g