98mm Hybrid Bay Kits
The Hybrid Bay Kit is a complete set of SMT Designs parts that can be assembled into fully functional electronics bay (customer supplies coupler tube, device, & battery).
Shipping date: 5 - 40 days depending on order size
Note: This is not an all encompassing list. Manufacturers do change their
products, add new materials, and can be different between sizes of tubing.
Please measure to assure a proper fit.
Thin Wall (select if wall thickness is 1.1mm or under)
Mach1 BT55, BT60 - 1.1mm
Normal Wall (select if wall thickness is over 1.1mm
and 1.6mm or under)
Blue Tube 2.0 - 1.6mm
LOC Cardboard - 1.52mm
PML Phenolic - 1.5mm
Thick Wall (select if wall thickness is over 1.6mm
and 2.1mm or under)
MadCow - 1.9mm
Rocketry Warehouse (Proline) - 2.1mm
Ultra Thick Wall (select if wall thickness is over
2.1mm and 2.6mm or under)
LOC (larger tubes) - 2.6mm
9 Volt - 47.4 x 25.8 x 16.7mm / 1.86 x 1.02 x 0.66"
2S E-flite 30C 280mAh LiPo - 39 x 20 x 13mm / 1.5 x 0.8 x 0.5"
1S Sparkfun 110mAh LiPo - 15.5 x 27.0 x 4.2mm / 0.61 x 1.07 x 0.17"
1S Sparkfun 400mAh LiPo - 26.5 x 36.9 x 5mm / 1.06 x 1.48 x 0.2"
2S Turnigy Nano-Tech 35-70C & 45-90C 300mAh LiPo - 45 x 18 x 12mm / 1.7 x 0.7 x 0.5"
1S Turnigy Nano-Tech 35-70C 750mAh LiPo - 45 x 25 x 9.2mm / 1.7 x 1.0 x 0.36"
2S Venom Fly 30C 300mAh LiPo - 38 x 20 x 12mm / 1.5 x 0.8 x 0.5"
Eye bolt are dropped forged and each one is rated to 500 pounds
The Hybrid Bay Kit is a complete set of SMT Designs parts that can be assembled into fully functional electronics bay (customer supplies coupler tube, devices, & batteries).
The electronics bay is a completely self-contained bay with an accessible through-wall arming switch, charge canisters (if needed), shock cord attachments for a recovery system (if needed). The bay is available to support 1/16 inch thick walls such as Always Ready Rocketry Blue Tube 2.0, thick walled tubing such as Rocketry Warehouse, and heavy cardboard tubing from LOC.
The bay includes dual eye bolt mounting with 1/4-20 threaded steel rod providing structural strength. The optional charge canisters mount using 8-32 machine screws that is compatible with other companies' products.
Additional device support and battery carriers are available, as well as, replacement charge canisters.
The bay can be ordered in any configuration from no deployment connections, single, dual and redundant deploy. A bay with no deployment connections could be used as a tracker or other electronic device for example. Single deploy can be used for nosecone bays or a bay designed to replace standard motor ejection. Please contact SMT Designs if a nosecone bay with dual deploy is needed for the single ended bay.
For all configurations, the number of deployment channels is selectable (two isolated connections per channel - four maximum channels).
The number of charge canisters for deployent bays can be set to none, one, two, three or four.
- The threaded steel rods included with be a length required for either the specific bay length or to support the a custom length. SMT Designs will cut the rods to length based on what is requested.
- hard plastic centrifuge tubes should not be used as an insert into a charge canister. The hard plastic actually becomes shrapnel when the black powder is ignited which can damage the canisters as well as the rocket.
- The AltusMetrum Telemetrum platform comes by itself or with an integral battery holder for the 1S 850mAh LiPo available from AltusMetrum.
- LiPo battery use requires a very specific size battery. The Turnigy 2S 300mAh 35-70C, Turnigy 1S 750mAh 35-70C, Turnigy 1S 850mAh specific to the Telemetrum, Sparkfun 1S 400mAh LiPo are supported and any battery that maintains the same exact sizes.
- One or two selected device platforms or carriers
- One or two selected battery carriers
- One Switch end cap
- One mounting ring
- One end cap
- One seven or eight inch tray
- Customer selected number of deployment channels
- Customer selected number of charge canisters
- Customer selected number of eye bolt ties
- wire and all necessary hardware to assemble the bay
Customer Supplied Parts
- One 7 inch, 8 inch or customer specified length from 7.5 inches to 16 inches (contact SMT Designs for other requirements).
- Supported devices
- Supported batteries
- Diameter 98mm
- Charge Canister Volume - up to 4.0 grams of 4F Blackpowder